UX + UI REDESIGN | SnapHunt
SNAPHUNT is a picture-battling mobile game. The mobile app is similar to Cards Against Humanity but for pictures. Users upload photos over crazy and hilarious topics and the photos are voted by other players.
- - Analyzed existing UX and UI problems with the application.
- - Created wireframes, mockups, interaction flow map, and final user interface for Daily Challenges, photo upload/submission, Wall of Fame, and game results screens.
- - Improved user experience from initial home screen, start of games, to sharing photos and ensure users are engaged with the app.
- - The app is a photo-centered game yet the existing design and features do not create an engaging photo-sharing experience for users.
- - Clients want to brand the app closer to a social media platform than just a game. The redesign needs to focus on connecting users and creating an active community.
- - Existing user interface lacks design style and consistency to compliment photos being shared.
- - Photo-centered app: shared photos and game status are displayed on home screen, so users are always up-to-date and engaged to active games. New photo-filtering features are added so players can customize photos for the topics played.
- - Social media platform: new feature such as Daily Challenges is added. Daily Challenges allows anyone to interact with photos and vote on them. Users can also read the Feed of all topics played.
- - A clean and modern user interface is created to minimize distractions from shared photos since the photos are the focus of the app.
Initial Sketches to Conceptualize Home, Photo Upload, and Results screens
Wireframes on Daily Challenges section
Interaction Flow Map
Data Flow Map on Daily Challenges section