UX + UI Design | DayPass Web App
DayPass is a web application that gives users access to hotel amenities. Users can browse and book hotel day passes and enjoy hotel amenities without staying overnight at hotels. Clients were unsure what amenities and features users would be interested most. The goal of the initial launch of the web app is to find out the features users care most so we can cater the design to satisfy users' needs.
I work closely with the product manager to define and narrow down major features to launch for user testing. After remote usability tests, we realized that there was a high drop-out rate during check-out. I proposed multiple solutions and redesigned the UX and UI to optimize the purchase process. The project is still ongoing.
Version 1 - Product Purchase page
High drop-out rate during user testing: add payment info is seperated on different screens so users thought tapping "Use Card" button already completed the purchase.
Version 2 - Product Purchase page (optimized after user testing)
- + Three sections in the purchase process are clearly defined with check buttons as validation.
- + Additional question about desired amenities/features are added for data collection purpose.
Interaction Flow Map (Search - Product Details - Purchase)
- + Develop the user flow from landing page, amenities search, product details, to purchase confirmation.
- + Design user interfaces & icons; reiterate designs based on user feedback using SketchApp.
- + Work closely with product manager to define features to be tested for data collection.